A night with Ed

It’s been a while followers but we have been a little busy. We did go to Stratford upon Avon back at the end of April but sadly that was abandoned when my Dad died and we had to come back and sort out arrangements and funeral.

On a happier note, we had Hollie and Lukes wedding on 24th May which was a fantastic day and the British weather was very kind to us. If you’ve not seen the Dad & Daughter dance and you are on what’s app, send me your mobile number, you’re in for a treat.

It’s taken us till now to recover !

We once more we set off on our adventures heading south to France for the next 3 weeks.

We kick off the trip with a one night stop off at Abbey Wood campsite just outside London

We have tickets to see Ed Sheeran at Wembley stadium and make our way across London to Wembley in the afternoon leaving plenty of time. Quite often at weekends they are working on the new crossrail and we end up on a replacement bus, but luckily not this time.

On arrival in Wembley we pop in a very crowded Wetherspoons for a couple. Luckily we meet a nice young couple who are also going to the concert who allow us to share their table.

We duck into a ropey little fried chicken joint for something to eat. Jane chose a nice chicken wrap. The ribs I chose however I think were from an extremely fatty German shepherd dog who’s owners have been looking for him for the last few weeks. It’s been over 12 hours since I ate them and I seem to be free from botulism so far !! ( a while after writing that Jane has started with a dicky tummy !!! )

We make our way into the stadium with the security guys doing a seamless but thorough job of checking folk out to ensure we kept free from any nutter who may wish to target the gig.

The evening kicks off with a cracking set by Jamie Lawson but unfortunately in our opinion was a little short as we both really like him. This was followed by Anne Marie who Jane liked but I didn’t. She reckons my musical taste is still stuck somewhere between 1974 and 1984 ( Good years !! )

Ed Sheeran was cracking and we really enjoyed the music. Unfortunately we had to duck out just before the encore as we had to ensure we caught the last train back from London Bridge to Abbey Wood. Several hundred people did the same but were much less than the thousands who were going to be at the tube station a short while later.

We managed to get back around midnight and went to sleep with a plethora of tunes reverberating in our heads


2 thoughts on “A night with Ed

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s